Wlan-stick dosen`t connect

hi i buy this wlan stick on amazon: Cudy AC1300 Dual Band WLAN Stick (867Mbit/s (5GHz), 400Mbit/s (2,4GHz) 802.11ac, USB 3.0, MU MIMO, unterstützt Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP,Mac OS X) schwarz, WU1300S.But it dosen´t work can pls some one help me

Welcome to Lubuntu.

You’ve not provided any OS/release details, but I’ll provide a generic answer.

Lubuntu is still a Ubuntu system, and hardware is accessed via the base Ubuntu system thus Ubuntu documentation applies. I’d refer to WifiDocs/WirelessTroubleShootingGuide - Community Help Wiki

You’ll find the section 3 - Device Recognition and Operation section there the most useful, as it will let you explore the chipset used in your device, which is far more important than the details used in marketing or selling the device. That will provide details that allow you to search online & find answers, or provide details to us, so we can assist you further in making it work.

2 Likes

After some searching, I think I found a driver that should work for that WiFi device. Note that I cannot vouch for this driver’s safety or functionality, as I’ve never used it, but it seems like people on Ask Ubuntu are successfully getting similar devices to work. You will probably need (L)Ubuntu 20.04 or higher to use it.

Here’s the driver: GitHub - morrownr/88x2bu-20210702: Linux Driver for USB WiFi Adapters that are based on the RTL8812BU and RTL8822BU Chipsets - v5.13.1 Read the instructions carefully, as they’re a little complicated. You’ll see something about “concurrent mode” in there - if you’re just trying to connect to your WiFi to get internet, I think you can leave it off.

Hope this helps!

4 Likes

oh sry the lubuntu witch i use is the newest 22.04 lts and i use an HP Comüaq pro 6300 with an dual pentium

thanks for your time an help .can you pls tell me witch usb wlan stick i can use without any driver like on windows 10 if you show me one i buy it thanks

sry for my englsih im from germany^^

The company’s website actually has a linux driver.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.