Unable to install lubuntu

QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-root'
18:14:29 [2]: WARNING: The branding component "/etc/calamares/branding/lubuntu" does not ship stylesheet.qss. 
18:15:15 [0]: QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to QWidget "", which already has a layout
18:15:15 [0]: QObject::setParent: Cannot set parent, new parent is in a different thread
chcon: failed to get security context of '/': No data available
chcon: failed to get security context of '/boot/efi': No such file or directory
chcon: failed to get security context of '/dev': No data available
chcon: failed to get security context of '/proc': Operation not supported
chcon: failed to get security context of '/run': No data available
chcon: failed to get security context of '/run/udev': No data available
chcon: failed to get security context of '/sys': No data available
chcon: failed to get security context of '/sys/firmware/efi/efivars': Operation not supported
mount: /tmp/tmpy6lglr5d/filesystem: /dev/loop0 already mounted or mount point busy.
18:15:31 [1]: ERROR: Installation failed: 

It says something about failing to mount the filesystem.squashfs.
I haven’t got my previous OS on my box anymore and I can’t reflash a USB Stick to try again, so any other help is appreciated.

You haven’t said what Lubuntu release you are using?

This however looks/reads like detail from a IRC request, which applied to a EOL Lubuntu 19.10 release downloaded from a non-Lubuntu site.

Please clarify, and if’s an EOL release, please try a supported release of Lubuntu

(see https://lubuntu.me/lubuntu-19-10-end-of-life-and-current-support-statuses/ for Lubuntu 19.10 status)

2 Likes

In addition to what @guiverc has mentioned, please make sure your iso is using fat32 filesystem and not NTFS. I have found strange things will happen if you don’t use fat32.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.