Projectlibre won't start?

Hi Guys,

I am running Lubuntu 21.10 and have just installed projectlibre using snap. Installation was successful but the software won’t start up. Nothing happened after clicking its shortcut.

Have you experience similiar situation?

Lubuntu 21.10 (the 2021-October release) I assume is a typo as I don’t even know the i-codename for that release yet (our focus currently is on hirsute/21.04)

I snap install projectlibre and let it install on my hirsute system (what will be 21.04 later in the month).

On starting it from the menu I get a license agreement I have to accept; with the accept or cancel options. I selected cancel and re-started it, and it appeared again. On acceptance it started normally.

I exited & restarted the application and didn’t have issues on my system; though I noted when started from a terminal in a location where snaps don’t have write access; I get an error

cannot open path of the current working directory: Permission denied

I’d try starting it from terminal & see if any messages provide clues.

When I was in a directory snaps have write access to, I only saw a

Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Duser.home=/home/guiverc/snap/projectlibre/3

message on start before the program appeared on my other monitor.

Hi

I am running 20.10. Sorry for my mistake and misleading. I tried start it in command line and below are the outputs.

Blockquote
Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Duser.home=/home/*****/snap/projectlibre/3
Exception in thread “main” java.lang.InternalError: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at java.desktop/sun.font.FontManagerFactory$1.run(FontManagerFactory.java:86)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.desktop/sun.font.FontManagerFactory.getInstance(FontManagerFactory.java:74)
at java.desktop/sun.font.SunFontManager.getInstance(SunFontManager.java:247)
at java.desktop/sun.font.FontDesignMetrics.getMetrics(FontDesignMetrics.java:265)
at java.desktop/sun.java2d.SunGraphics2D.getFontMetrics(SunGraphics2D.java:856)
at org.pushingpixels.flamingo.internal.ui.common.CommandButtonLayoutManagerBig.updateTitleStrings(Unknown Source)
at org.pushingpixels.flamingo.internal.ui.common.CommandButtonLayoutManagerBig.(Unknown Source)
at org.pushingpixels.flamingo.internal.ui.common.CommandButtonLayoutManagerCustom.(Unknown Source)
at org.pushingpixels.flamingo.api.common.CommandButtonDisplayState$1.createLayoutManager(Unknown Source)
at org.pushingpixels.flamingo.internal.ui.common.BasicCommandButtonUI.installUI(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.JComponent.setUI(JComponent.java:685)
at org.pushingpixels.flamingo.api.common.JCommandButton.updateUI(Unknown Source)
at org.pushingpixels.flamingo.api.common.JCommandButton.(Unknown Source)
at org.pushingpixels.flamingo.internal.ui.common.BasicScrollablePanelUI.createLeadingScroller(Unknown Source)
at org.pushingpixels.flamingo.internal.ui.common.BasicScrollablePanelUI.installComponents(Unknown Source)
at org.pushingpixels.flamingo.internal.ui.common.BasicScrollablePanelUI.installUI(Unknown Source)
at org.pushingpixels.flamingo.api.common.JScrollablePanel.updateUI(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.JPanel.(JPanel.java:86)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.JPanel.(JPanel.java:109)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.JPanel.(JPanel.java:117)
at org.pushingpixels.flamingo.api.common.JScrollablePanel.(Unknown Source)
at com.projectlibre.ui.ribbon.ProjectLibreRibbonUI.installComponents(Unknown Source)
at com.projectlibre.ui.ribbon.ProjectLibreRibbonUI.installUI(Unknown Source)
at org.pushingpixels.flamingo.api.ribbon.JRibbon.updateUI(Unknown Source)
at org.pushingpixels.flamingo.api.ribbon.JRibbon.(Unknown Source)
at org.pushingpixels.flamingo.api.ribbon.JRibbonFrame.initRibbon(Unknown Source)
at org.pushingpixels.flamingo.api.ribbon.JRibbonFrame.(Unknown Source)
at com.projectlibre1.pm.graphic.frames.MainRibbonFrame.(Unknown Source)
at com.projectlibre1.pm.graphic.frames.MainFrameFactory.creareMainFrame(Unknown Source)
at com.projectlibre1.pm.graphic.gantt.Main.main(Unknown Source)
at com.projectlibre1.main.Main.main(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:490)
at java.desktop/sun.font.FontManagerFactory$1.run(FontManagerFactory.java:84)
… 34 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.desktop/sun.awt.FontConfiguration.getVersion(FontConfiguration.java:1262)
at java.desktop/sun.awt.FontConfiguration.readFontConfigFile(FontConfiguration.java:225)
at java.desktop/sun.awt.FontConfiguration.init(FontConfiguration.java:107)
at java.desktop/sun.awt.X11FontManager.createFontConfiguration(X11FontManager.java:719)
at java.desktop/sun.font.SunFontManager$2.run(SunFontManager.java:367)
at java.desktop/sun.font.SunFontManager.(SunFontManager.java:312)
at java.desktop/sun.awt.FcFontManager.(FcFontManager.java:35)
at java.desktop/sun.awt.X11FontManager.(X11FontManager.java:56)
… 39 more

Is there something wrong with my Java?

My guess is yes, however I can’t explore further currently. I’ll try installing & running it on a groovy system when I can (now I have confirmation of your release)

Search with google leads the error to a hint: font dejavu is missing.

But I have fonts-dejavu installed (core and extra also). Still working on.

Do you have

apt policy libfontconfig1

installed?

Yes, libfontconfig1 has been installed.

first of all, i am only 3 monts old linux user. so i am even not sure with what i am gona say.
but i think i have similar situation couple of month before with snap apps, when i am running the os on usb persistance mode. and have no problem after running a full install system.

so what mode did you run your system?

i hope someone more experience will find you a solution soon.
~and sorry for my bad english.

One advantage of snaps is, that it provides all dependencies. Installing a snap should therefore be enough to start the snap without problems.

In my opinion, you should reinstall the snap

snap remove --purge projectlibre
snap install projectlibre

And then start it the first time via terminal. You should see

Java auto-detection...
Checking /snap/projectlibre/3/usr/lib/jvm/default-java/bin/java
    Java version: 11 OK
    Java implementation: OpenJDK OK
Java OK

If that does not help, you should ask in the Snapcraft forum.

3 Likes

I have done exactly as you suggested. Projectlibre won’t start again. Below are the outputs. I will go for Snapcraft forum and come back if there’s a solution.

Blockquote
Java auto-detection…
Checking /snap/projectlibre/3/usr/lib/jvm/default-java/bin/java
Java version: 11 OK
Java implementation: OpenJDK OK
Java OK
Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Duser.home=/home/XXXX/snap/projectlibre/3
Apr 14, 2021 10:43:23 AM java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences$1 run
INFO: Created user preferences directory.
Exception in thread “main” java.lang.InternalError: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at java.desktop/sun.font.FontManagerFactory$1.run(FontManagerFactory.java:86)
at java.desktop/sun.font.FontManagerFactory.getInstance(FontManagerFactory.java:74)
at java.desktop/sun.font.SunFontManager.getInstance(SunFontManager.java:247)
at java.desktop/sun.font.FontDesignMetrics.getMetrics(FontDesignMetrics.java:265)
at java.desktop/sun.java2d.SunGraphics2D.getFontMetrics(SunGraphics2D.java:856)
at org.pushingpixels.flamingo.internal.ui.common.CommandButtonLayoutManagerBig.updateTitleStrings(Unknown Source)
at org.pushingpixels.flamingo.internal.ui.common.CommandButtonLayoutManagerBig.(Unknown Source)
at org.pushingpixels.flamingo.internal.ui.common.CommandButtonLayoutManagerCustom.(Unknown Source)
at org.pushingpixels.flamingo.api.common.CommandButtonDisplayState$1.createLayoutManager(Unknown Source)
at org.pushingpixels.flamingo.internal.ui.common.BasicCommandButtonUI.installUI(Unknown Source)
at org.pushingpixels.flamingo.api.common.JCommandButton.updateUI(Unknown Source)
at org.pushingpixels.flamingo.api.common.JCommandButton.(Unknown Source)
at org.pushingpixels.flamingo.internal.ui.common.BasicScrollablePanelUI.createLeadingScroller(Unknown Source)
at org.pushingpixels.flamingo.internal.ui.common.BasicScrollablePanelUI.installComponents(Unknown Source)
at org.pushingpixels.flamingo.internal.ui.common.BasicScrollablePanelUI.installUI(Unknown Source)
at org.pushingpixels.flamingo.api.common.JScrollablePanel.updateUI(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.JPanel.(JPanel.java:86)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.JPanel.(JPanel.java:109)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.JPanel.(JPanel.java:117)
at org.pushingpixels.flamingo.api.common.JScrollablePanel.(Unknown Source)
at com.projectlibre.ui.ribbon.ProjectLibreRibbonUI.installComponents(Unknown Source)
at com.projectlibre.ui.ribbon.ProjectLibreRibbonUI.installUI(Unknown Source)
at org.pushingpixels.flamingo.api.ribbon.JRibbon.updateUI(Unknown Source)
at org.pushingpixels.flamingo.api.ribbon.JRibbonFrame.initRibbon(Unknown Source)
at org.pushingpixels.flamingo.api.ribbon.JRibbonFrame.(Unknown Source)
at com.projectlibre1.pm.graphic.frames.MainRibbonFrame.(Unknown Source)
at com.projectlibre1.pm.graphic.frames.MainFrameFactory.creareMainFrame(Unknown Source)
at com.projectlibre1.pm.graphic.gantt.Main.main(Unknown Source)
at com.projectlibre1.main.Main.main(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:490)
at java.desktop/sun.font.FontManagerFactory$1.run(FontManagerFactory.java:84)
… 34 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.desktop/sun.awt.FontConfiguration.getVersion(FontConfiguration.java:1262)
at java.desktop/sun.awt.FontConfiguration.readFontConfigFile(FontConfiguration.java:225)
at java.desktop/sun.awt.FontConfiguration.init(FontConfiguration.java:107)
at java.desktop/sun.awt.X11FontManager.createFontConfiguration(X11FontManager.java:719)
at java.desktop/sun.font.SunFontManager$2.run(SunFontManager.java:367)
at java.desktop/sun.font.SunFontManager.(SunFontManager.java:312)
at java.desktop/sun.awt.FcFontManager.(FcFontManager.java:35)
at java.desktop/sun.awt.X11FontManager.(X11FontManager.java:56)
… 39 more

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.