Thank you! It’s working now! Just to confirm again: Lubuntu 19.10 installs no problem on an Acer Aspire 5 (model: A515-43-R19L; CPU: Ryzen 3; graphics: Radeon Vega 3). Seems like a fantastic value, big seller on Amazon, and wouldn’t surprise me if people are googling it. I found a couple success reports (Mint & Archlinux) before I bought it. I’m, just trying to get into the search results in case anyone wonders if Lubuntu works. (I had to change 3 things in the BIOS. I described that in another post.).
The wifi problem: Lubuntu saved my wifi connection without the password.
I woke up in the middle of the night wondering if that happened. I’ve never seen a distro save a wifi connection that refused to connect. (I thought they remained in a loop prompting for the correct password.). But, I woke up last night thinking I should delete that saved connection. I do remember struggling not to touch the touchpad while I typed the wifi password. (I never thought about that again when it saved the connection, and just clicking on it caused it to attempt reconnect. I thought it was connecting and disconnecting. Apparently I was clumsy when creating that connection. Strange that it happened twice: during LiveCD before install, and after install.).
I saved your suggested info-command in case I have trouble in the future.
I’ll go back and edit my other post where I mentioned I had a wifi problem.
I’m going to reinstall Lubuntu 19.10; to start fresh and follow the same steps I do when comparing mem usage. I’ll come back and post the results of that after I install a few distros.
One odd thing when dealing with my bad-password. I first right-clicked on the network connection in the tray to edit the saved connection. The editing window was a curses(?) text-based display. That didn’t seem to work right. As I tabbed down to “[ ] show password,” the place to “x” that wasn’t editable. I was placed into a text-entry field that was on top of the “w” of “password”. I thought that’s where I was supposed to put the “x”. But, apparently that’s the password field and “x” overwrites whatever value is there. (The window shows the password field one line higher. S, I thought I was supposed to put the “x” on the scrambled line below, then go above to edit the password field.).
Anyway, I went to Menu->Preferences->Advanced Network Connections. I deleted the saved wifi connection there. Then went back to the task bar’s network icon. Left-clicked, chose my wifi again, entered the password. That worked. (I could have created the connection from that from the “advanced” gui. But, I wanted to do it from the taskbar icon since I imagine most people use that.).
It all worked. But, it seems like that taskbar icon has some issues.