My lubuntu gets suddenly stops

my lubuntu gets stops suddenly

I AM using having 2gb ram and dual core computer
After stoping nether the mouse nor keyboard work what to at that time
It happen when I install something or run android studio
work what to at that time

I’d suggest starting with your release.

On a 2GB system, I’d for sure ensure you have swap enabled & have an appropriate size of swap allocated (which will vary on what you use your machine for).

Are you describing the machine completely halts? ie. not even SysRq commands direct to kernel allow reboot? or does it come good (ie. it becomes unresponsive…). If you can’t use SysRq commands I’d likely suggest you perform ram tests, maybe a cap scan (look at your motherboard for swollen capacitors) and be thinking hardware…

3 Likes

I agree with what’s been recommended so far–I think since your system only has 2GB RAM, depending on what you’re doing at a given time, your apps could be eating up all your available RAM. In which case, as it was mentioned, getting swap in place might help you provided that your issue is not actually some kind of hardware issue (which also needs to be investigated).

Luckily for you, there was a post done recently about swap regarding Lubuntu 21.04:

I am putting that there in case you want to read but since you’ve already done the install, I figure you can consider creating a swap file now assuming you don’t already have swap in place yet. Of course, that will take some consideration as well depending on your particular setup.

Good luck @chintusharma !

3 Likes

Can I use ready boot like in windows I have 8gb ram usb too Does it can work as ram .I know
I read that ready boot make my computer fast is it really
sir? Past I did not got seen much changes on windows

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I can’t answer with any certainty sorry.

A quick scan online shows ReadyBoost is a Microsoft product that is tied to specific file-systems used by Windows (FAT, exFAT, NTFS) and was designed for windows Vista. The feature was no longer used (by default) with Windows 10.

I’ve never used it, but it seemed mostly marketing hype that would not have provided much if any improvement anyway (unless you were using older equipment with old slow drives and had badly fragmented disk), and reviews of it said it helped some types of IO only, so it only helped some programs.

Yes you may have the old computer, old disk spinning rust type drives on a GNU/.Linux (Lubuntu) system, we don’t have the fragmentation issue that NFS/FAT file-systems have that made it the more worthwhile. I also suspect it slowed systems down if the right conditions weren’t present, thus why it was disabled on windows 10 by default.

It sounded like a cool technology that may have helped give a kick (boost) to some users on their boxes if they had all the right conditions where it shined, but those cases would be few I suspect (esp. today). If you didn’t get benefit (why microsoft added all the requirements for it to be enabled) it only slowed performance (why it’s disabled now by default).

It for sure would not have been like adding more RAM.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.