Made a new wallpaper with lubuntu logo

Hello everyone!
I was just searching on the internet for official beautiful-looking wallpapers from lubuntu creators.
But haven’t found any which is official but not so much “beautiful”!
So , I thought to share my own!! :blush:
Let me know how fine it is or it should be !!

8 Likes

Very cool!

I like the idea of having the Ubuntu logo surrounding the Lubuntu logo. I can see how they kind of shuffle in there like that.

4 Likes

I dunno if there’s going to be a competition for wallpaper for 21.10, but here’s the previous thread:

I like your wallpaper better - but it’d scald my eyeballs at night. A dark version would be awesome, with just the largest of white spaces turned black. Leave the Ubuntu and Lubuntu logos the color they are, with the rest being black. That wouldn’t scald my eyeballs.

3 Likes

Thank you for letting me know that there is a competition for wallpapers. I hope it will be held again for Lubuntu 21.10.
I didn’t know there was any competition like that !!

Oh yeah, I’m in a dark mood too.
I will try to create a darker version of the wallpaper.

Thank you @That_Random_Guy :blush:
Thanks again @KGIII :smiley_cat:

3 Likes

I think it is too late to start a competition. Maybe @guiverc or @kc2bez can give you better details.

On the other side I would welcome it, if your contributions (a black and a white wallpaper version) would be accepted ad-hoc without much bureaucracy.

2 Likes

There is no artwork contest for 21.10; there wouldn’t be time for it now anyway; but a decision was made long ago to not have a contest/competition.

HOWEVER

If you’d like to submit your wallpaper(s) for possible inclusion, our task for it can be found here where you can leave a submission via comment with

• links to where artwork submission can be found
  • that you agree to the rules in our last competition.

If you don’t have a phab account; you can provide those details (link, agree to rules of last competition) here (just tag @guiverc); and I’ll create the entry for you on our phab task T209.

In the past we had a specific procedure of voting to pick the winners for the competition; no such rules have been created for our selection of images for the impish release, but we’ll make a decision when the time is right.

Thank you for sharing your artwork @fahim

3 Likes

Hi , It’s me!

• Link for my 6 wallpapers - on Figma
  • Yes, I’ve read the rules written in this thread and I agree with it.

@guiverc !!

4 Likes

Thanks @fahim

I added a link to your entries on the spreadsheet yesterday (which includes your link on Figma, plus a copy I downloaded & uploaded to drive.google.com so as to give Lubuntu members a choice of two sign-ons required to view and assess artwork) and now is documented on phab T209 as well.

Thanks again for your entries. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Further to my last, I don’t know if you’ve been watching T209 but a change is mentioned there.

That change has already hit my box (as I’m using impish)

guiverc@d960-ubu2:~/uwn/issues/696$   ls -ltrh /usr/share/lubuntu/wallpapers/2110* 
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 156K Aug  8 00:57 /usr/share/lubuntu/wallpapers/2110-waves-dark.png
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  27K Aug 19 10:22 /usr/share/lubuntu/wallpapers/2110-friends-dark.png

I’ll let you know when its available in a daily so you can see what it looks like yourself (our next release is 20.04.3 so that’s the only daily today I’ve looked at); in fact, a quick look and it looks like it’s already available, but I don’t have time to check further currently sorry.

We’re still some time from release, thus release notes etc, but you’ll get credited for it there; but you can see how we’ve listed in the copyright here; ie.

Files: /usr/share/lubuntu/wallpapers/2110-friends-dark.png
       /usr/share/lubuntu/wallpapers/2110-waves-dark.png
Copyright: 2021 fahim
License: CC-BY-SA-4.0

Well done, and thank you for helping make Lubuntu 21.10 even better.

Edit: Yep, you can see your images on the current daily; Lubuntu 24.04 (Noble Numbat) Daily Build

4 Likes

FYI for anyone reading this…

One of my favorite indri photos can be seen at https://unsplash.com/photos/IwFfnlaGDz8 which I personally believe would be great at a login/greeter sddm.

The “Indri (maki), Madagascar” by Hans-Jurgen Mager may be suitable copyright wise, and may be one of my favorite photos for this release (it’s so impish indri I feel), but it falls short with regards logo/branding :frowning:

The Lubuntu team always welcome contributions from its users (even if we don’t specifically call out for them, as in hold a competition).

5 Likes

Literally I don’t know how would I thank you.
Thank you so much for accepting my wallpaper.

7 Likes

I found your artwork very enjoyable :heart:, I was more than happy to sponsor it for inclusion in the upcoming release. If you haven’t seen it in action you can find it here in our screenshot thread Thank you very much for offering it for all Lubuntu users to use.
I would also like to offer an invitation in future artwork contributions. We are always appreciative for anyone that can help in this area. You can find more about contributing in an appendix to our manual but don’t let that intimidate you. You can always reach out to one of us for help, just let us know.

Thanks again!

5 Likes

Thank you so much !
I’d try to contribute whenever I get time.

5 Likes

Good idea Bro <3
we need more ppl like u (:blush:

5 Likes

@fahim It may interest you to know you got mentioned in a review of Lubuntu 21.10 (Page 43)

See it in https://fullcirclemagazine.org/issue-176/

3 Likes

Wow!
Thanks a lot for letting me know!
Glad to know!

I am very willing to contribute to the hard-coded issues in the future!
Thank you again !

3 Likes