Lubuntu Kinetic Kudu 22.10 Artwork Contest

OK. One more thing, can I only make one submission? Or is it OK if I try a few things and send them to all be considered?

There is no limitation on the number of entries; or when submitted (outside of closing date being mentioned).

1 Like

Alright, finally submitting something. I figured “kinetic” sounded energetic (kinetic energy, right?), so I went with an energy-inspired fractal design, with a hint of Ubuntu Studio’s old artwork concept for the stacked logo.

Full sized image is 4K resolution. Made using GIMP and the branding provided by @guiverc (thank you!)

6 Likes

Thank you for your submission.

2 Likes

Second attempt, this time trying to match the blue Lubuntu theme.

License is CC BY 4.03.

Also the license for the first one I made (the red one that says “Lubuntu Kinetic”) is also CC BY 4.03, but I can’t edit the above one, so here’s the license notice.

4 Likes

Thank you for your second submission.

3 Likes

Ok, so I want to try to make a submission, but I can’t see any photos, it’s just white blank spaces and the image links don’t work either.

3 Likes

Huh… It’s above my pay grade - but the images used to work and are now not working, at least not with Chromium. They worked the last time I view this thread.

You can still probably submit your work. Eventually, it’ll get fixed and we will be able to see it.

2 Likes

Our CDN might need a little prodding. Sometimes a refresh with CTRL-Shift-r will get things working right. I can ping our sysadmin @teward to have a look.

3 Likes

I also can no longer see the images, and tapping on them isn’t working.

1 Like

What was not stated by @kc2bez was that the underlying system here was behind my firewall which exploded hard-core on Wednesday. I’ve still been rebuilding the rulesets to get everything functioning.

Which this should be functional now.

6 Likes

I’m uploading some candidate wallpapers. Most of them were made with the intention to be nice to the eyes and to make it easy to identify icons on the desktop. But I could not resist a couple of more colourful wallpapers treated with gimp’s ‘artistic oilify’ filter.

4 Likes

Thank you for your submissions!

3 Likes

This was a collaborative work between me and my mom, Mercy. I think it pretty much embodies “Lubuntu Kinetic Kudu” perfectly.

Full resolution is… EXTREMELY LARGE. 10 times bigger than the preview here. So I don’t think we’ll have any problems as far as the required resolution.

License is CC BY 4.0, copyright is Aaron Rainbolt and MediaMom Ministries.

6 Likes

Thanks for your additional submission.

2 Likes

Slight twist on the last submission - it’s the same as before, but with an additional Southern Cross constellation added to it.

Same copyright (Aaron Rainbolt and MediaMom Ministries), same license as before (CC BY 4.0).

5 Likes

And one more last minute variation (same copyright, same license as before):

4 Likes

Thanks everyone for your artwork submissions and contributing to the Lubuntu community. The artwork selection committee will review the artwork and then submit the finalists to the Lubuntu members for vote.

4 Likes

Today’s Lubuntu kinetic daily ISO (20221006) contains our two winners. Again, thank you again to all that entered submissions.

FYI: Our prior kinetic daily ISOs before today had an image of a kudu (can be seen here by Jamie Muller), for those that loved that image, it’s still available on the ISO, just no longer a default.

7 Likes