Lubuntu jammy issue tracker - OS-PROBER grub 2.06

Item to watch - install alongside, install using existing partition etc for Lubuntu jammy.

I just rebooted my primary box (I tend to do about fornightly) so it’d been running 16 days, and I was hit by the OS_PROBER issue.

My system is dual boot; my other OS being 20.04; but it wasn’t there for me to select in grub, in fact with only a single OS detected I didn’t even see the grub menu.

I haven’t confirmed this is an issue hitting new installs, but I bet it will. When Lubuntu 21.04 reaches EOL my current 21.04 install kept for support purposes will shift to a 22.04 QA-test install & I’ll be noticing this rather regularly I suspect.

It’s not impacting 20.04 installs I believe (last QA-test install with focal daily was 2-3 days ago), but I’m betting it’ll hit certain BIOS jammy installs at a minimum (not full-disk or dual-boot types).

This topic created for tracking purposes primarily (it’s still early days so this is of no importance currently)

2 Likes

Ran into this issue twice in the past few days installing Kubuntu Jammy and also Ubuntu Mate Jammy on “install alongside” installs. The original bug report is here Bug #1955109.
Planning on testing Lubuntu Jammy later today. :grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks @leok

I’m disappointed in that I saw that bug report appear on #ubuntu-bugs-announce, and intended to test for it… but never got around to it :frowning: Alas, it was forgotten and whilst I was convinced I’d seen a report for it; I didn’t find it when this box didn’t have the other OS listed (I think I found the original focal report & it b/c of the focal on it I missed it’s importance).

Thank you.

1 Like

I can confirm this also in Lubuntu Jammy - tested ISO 23-12-2021
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/429/builds/241694/testcases/1701/results/

Comment #5 in the bug report suggests a workaround.

2 Likes