Lubuntu 20.04 programs missing

Hi, I am new with Lubuntu, so I install it first in a VM-Box!
After installation and look around I find out that the programs
Discover, Ark and Muon where not installed or working correctly!
I want to know how i can install or repair damage programs via console?
Thanks for help!

Did you skip the integrity check upon booting the installation?

No! i skip nothing!
There where no question about ckecking integrity during installation!

See here for more information about what I’m referring to. If you still have the installation media, I would boot it and make sure it’s successful. The idea of having verified installation media and having a failed installation is incredibly strange, especially after hundreds and thousands of installs in testing. I guess it’s possible you might have failing hardware. What exactly are the nature of the problems, per program?

Ok! I try your link!
I dont know, i can see the icons of these programs but when i click them nothing happens!
Thats what i am also thinking, why must this happen to me!
Thanks for help, i reply when i find something!

Well since you mentioned Discover, let’s try that. Run plasma-discover in the terminal and see what happens.

this is the result:
plasma-discover: error while loading shared libraries: libKF5Service.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Sounds like there’s a problem with your installation of the libkf5service5 package. So I would re-install that and you should be good to go.

Here’s how I discovered that and how you can fix everything, so you can use this same process in case you have other problems:

First you need apt-file:

sudo apt update && sudo apt install apt-file

and then you need to update its database:

sudo apt-file update

Now search for the file:

apt-file search libKF5Service.so.5

which will return all the matches in the form package-name: file-name:

libkf5service5: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5Service.so.5                                                         
libkf5service5: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5Service.so.5.68.0

Now just reinstall the package:

sudo apt install --reinstall libkf5service5

Now it looks better!
I can open Discover and Ark!
Is my system to old or what could be the reason why the files are not installed?

Thank you very much for help!

I don’t know. It’s really inexplicable.

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.