Lubuntu 18.04.5 wireless almost all time disconnecting

Using Lubuntu 18.04.5 and some times the wifi is disconnected. Have times disconnecting more of 5 times in 2 minutes.
In same machine using windows not happen disconnection.
How configure an time to avoid the system to disconnect my wifi connection ?
Wifi is Intel Pro Wireless 2200 BG
Thanks for reply.

What kernel module are you using? If it’s iwlwifi look elsewhere on this forum for the answer. It was recent, too.

Kernel 5.4.0-42 32 bits

That’s the kernel version, not the kernel module that is essentially the device driver for your wifi chip. I’m looking for a name, not a version number.

@aug7744 Try the following:

Internal cards

To identify a card that was installed inside your computer prior to purchase, please open a Terminal and execute:

lspci -vvnn | grep -A 9 Network

This will display:
NOTE: YOUR OUTPUT MAY BE DIFFERENT

03:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Broadcom Corporation BCM4331 802.11a/b/g/n [14e4:4331] (rev 02) Subsystem: Apple Inc. AirPort Extreme [106b:00d6] Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx- Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- SERR- <PERR- INTx- Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 256 bytes Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 17 Region 0: Memory at a0600000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K] Capabilities: Kernel driver in use: wl

You now know:

• The Chip ID: BCM4331
  • The PCI-ID: 14e4:4331
  • Kernel driver in use: wl

Source:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/Driver/bcm43xx

Something that might help you… Lubuntu is basically Ubuntu with a different skin (some will argue but think of it like that for now). When you run into issues, you can just Google your problem and if anything related to Ubuntu has a topic on it, you can look into it and you may find an answer. Also feel free to search on this forum as well before making new posts. You might find someone already had your problem.

Tangent: pretty sure lsmod command would’ve shown something too but I just copy/pasted the first thing I found.The above will at least tell you what module you’re using. :wink:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.