Language packs LibreOffice?

Do you know how to get language packs for Libreoffice? (For spell-checking purposes). English is already installed but I would need the French and Hungarian language packs as well. On the LibreOffice website I only found tar.xz tarball files but idk what I can do with those…

I think you’re looking for the libreoffice-help-* packages, where the asterisk refers to some language code, e.g. libreoffice-help-ca is for Catalan.

I need the interface in English (Which is already in English) but I need the French and Hungarian language packs for spell checks. How can I download those?

Like next to “English (USA)” there is an “ABC” icon. I need those “ABC” icons next to French and Hungarian as well.

Ooops, you will also need the localization packs to have everything, so:

sudo apt update && sudo apt install libreoffice-help-fr libreoffice-help-hu libreoffice-l10n-fr libreoffice-l10n-hu

2 Likes

Hi,

Read this post: Change user interface language in LibreOffice
It worked for me.

Greetings.

3 Likes

Thank you but it did not work… I installed those and there is still only English (USA) available…

Thank you, this one did work! I just downloaded the language packs here and everything works!: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Language/Support

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.