Just a suggestion

A to-do list after installation for Lubuntu, as in the following link,x would be useful: https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/p/first-mint-cinnamon.html
sorry it’s a mint link the Ubuntu link that I have is in dutch.
find also a page for ubuntu: https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/p/speed-ubuntu.html

Perhaps you should tell the author to create one? :slight_smile:

Good idea but I don’t know who the author is.
As you may have read I am a real computer dummy and a list after installation is certainly welcome. I think it is also very useful for new linux users who choose Lubuntu.
By default there is no fierewall installed and I installed the UFW firewall as recommended in Ubuntu and Linux Mint.
For the time being I have just installed LM cinnamon again and will place Lubuntu next to it to find out something. So you can use some things from the Ubuntu and LM list but when it comes to extra or better software you can not do much with it since they are written in gtk and not in qt.
The programs written for qt and kde usually have a different name. I am going to do my best to sort out and adjust command lines for Lubuntu, so I can already make a preliminary list and if I have any doubts I will first ask for information here.

Sorry for my bad English. For any complaints, please contact Google Translate :grinning:

I mean I guess for me that list of things to do is kind of silly because everyone’s got different needs. We try to cover the basics, which works well for most people.

If I made a list for me, it would include things like Tor, tmux, mutt, a tiling window manager, and a bunch of other things lots of folks don’t give a hoot about.

Let’s take your firewall example: it’s not installed by default in Ubuntu. In Ubuntu! You know, the distro that seems to have everything and a couple extra kitchen sinks installed in it, too. So if it doesn’t have a firewall installed, why would you expect that a distro based on it but known for being lightweight would?

1 Like

That is true, but, for new linux users and / or people who do not know much about computers, a list to set up the system optimally is indispensable, I speak of experience. With good to do after installation list, many more people will stay with Lubuntu and more newcomers will be added, which is why distros with such list are also the most popular. Lubuntu is a top system, but if a system is not optimally set, something can go wrong faster

But what is optimal? It depends on the individual.