How to download older release (like 22.04.1) ISO image?

I am trying to download older release (like 22.04.1) ISO image, but the following site shows only the latest patch version (22.04.2).

Is there a way to download older release ISO image ?

Ubuntu tend to keep only the latest ISO for each release, with others moved to old-releases.ubuntu.com, alas they don’t move the flavors like Lubuntu there (flavors are just dropped).

Some of our older ISOs can be found on PhilW’s site (a prior contributor) here - Index of /isos/lubuntu but I’m aware most users find them via search engines & wayback/archive type sites.

The ISO is dated 2022-08-09 which ~matches a RC just prior to release, I see a copy locally but I’m not aware of where it can be found online sorry.

-rw------- 1 guiverc guiverc 2.6G Aug  9  2022 jammy-desktop-amd64.iso.2022-08-09
-rw-rw-r-- 1 guiverc guiverc  55K Aug  9  2022 jammy-desktop-amd64.manifest.2022-08-09
3 Likes

Okay, thanks for the information.
(I just noticed that download site is managed by Ubuntu.)

1 Like

I uploaded

https://phillw.net/isos/linux-tools/lubuntu/lubuntu-22.04.1-desktop-amd64.iso

and

https://phillw.net/isos/linux-tools/lubuntu/lubuntu-22.04.1-desktop-amd64.iso.sha256

Phill may link or copy them to his general lubuntu web location.

4 Likes

Thanks @sudodus , appreciated.

4 Likes

Thanks @sudodus.
I could download sha256 file, but I couldn’t download iso file for 403 Forbidden error.
Is it necessary to login from somewhere ?

@guiverc
Is there a plan to store old Lubuntu releases at somewhere ?

2 Likes

Sorry, I did not check the permissions. I modified the permissons to allow read by everybody, so you should be able to download the file now.

1 Like

No, hosting files has storage & bandwidth costs, even running this site costs us money, which is why we have the Donate links here and there. We’re don’t have funds to store them.

2 Likes

@sudodus Thanks! I could download the iso file.

@guiverc Okay, thanks for the answer.

3 Likes

@sanak, You are welcome and good luck with Lubuntu 22.04.1 LTS :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.