Help with Chicago95 package installation

Hi, can someone kindly help me with the installation procedure?
I use Lubuntu 20.04
I downloaded the Chicago95 package
I installed the first packages with the command:

sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade
sudo apt install xfconf xfce4-panel-profiles

Then the remaining packages I downloaded from here and installed:
https://download.opensuse.org/repositor … 20.04 / all /
After that I had the autmatic installation of the Chicago95 package; installer.py
Then I saw that some things were still missing, so I checked with the following command:

ChicagoPlus
PlusGUI

and it appeared here:

C:\home\andrea> ChicagoPlus
usage: ChicagoPlus [options] MS_Theme_File
ChicagoPlus: error: the following arguments are required: theme_file
C:\home\andrea> PlusGUI

(PlusGUI:1294): Gtk-WARNING **: 17:33:05.952: Could not load a pixbuf from icon theme.
This may indicate that pixbuf loaders or the mime database could not be found.

(PlusGUI:1294): Gtk-WARNING **: 17:33:05.976: Could not load image ‘original.png’: Failed to open file “/usr/libexec/chicago95-theme-plus/original.png”: File o directory non esistente

(PlusGUI:1294): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: 17:33:06.013: g_dbus_proxy_new: assertion ‘G_IS_DBUS_CONNECTION (connection)’ failed

(PlusGUI:1294): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: 17:33:06.013: g_dbus_proxy_new: assertion ‘G_IS_DBUS_CONNECTION (connection)’ failed

(PlusGUI:1294): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: 17:33:06.014: g_dbus_proxy_new: assertion ‘G_IS_DBUS_CONNECTION (connection)’ failed

I await news. Thank you so much!

[https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/bgstack15:/Chicago95/xUbuntu_20.04/all/](https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/bgstack15:/Chicago95/xUbuntu_20.04/all/)

This is the right link.

Also asked at

https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2459002

I had a quick look, but it looks to me that you’d need to replace openbox with xfwm4 and do you really want to do that?

On Debian that wouldn’t be an issue (in my opinion), but some of the Lubuntu functions/scripts rely on openbox so I believe some of the functionality described in the Lubuntu manual will no longer work (ie. you’ll be using what is sort of the equivalent of the LXQt session instead of Lubuntu)

Note: my look was only superficial. I’ve used the theme before (it’s still a default choice with icewm I think), but it wouldn’t be my choice on Lubuntu (in that I don’t believe it’s compatible with openbox but that’s my opinion only)

Yes, I’m looking for a solution on multiple forums.
Anyway, which operating system is more suitable, to transform it as faithfully as possible to win95?

icewm is an alternate window manager (Ubuntu – Details of package icewm in focal) I mentioned after looking at the github link provided by CelticWarrior which made me quickly recall I’ve used it many times, in fact have it installed on bionic systems as icewm is actually ~light & makes sense on old i386 hardware in my opinion (it can be a nice change now and again)

I wasn’t meaning to refer to any other OS, except expressed the fear that it’ll reduce the Lubuntu experience (due to my suspected need of needing to swap out the openbox Lubuntu uses).

I’ve not used it on focal or anything amd64 as to me it doesn’t make sense there (making more sense on older i386 legacy hardware). To my knowledge though I never tried on any Lubuntu LXQt/i386 system (18.10/19.04), only older releases.

Very interesting! Can this IceWM also be used on Zorin OS? Anyway I just have to figure out how to install it. I am from the windows world, and recently I am learning to use linux.

Zorin is neither Ubuntu, nor flavor of Ubuntu, and for sure isn’t Lubuntu so doesn’t belong here.

Zorin being a non-flavor of Ubuntu has it’s own support infrastructure, so questions about it, belong there.

OK thank you very much!