Focal Fossa 20.04 LTS Wallpaper Competition

All available in 4592 x 2870 pxl.

all pics: Online-Speicher

2 Likes

Low res version - Evening at Bourne End

4 Likes

Thanks for your submission @JollyRoger

In case anyone wonders why thanks only goes to certain entries; I’m only replying to first entries, subsequent entries don’t get thanked again, even though I’m still thankful :slight_smile:

Reminder - this thread will close February 25, 2020

1 Like

Hello everyone!

I recently found out about the wallpaper competition and shared some of my photos with the Ubuntu Budgie team. Then I thought, why not with the Lubuntu team too!

Please note: Images shown in this post are lower quality than submissions

Please find the photos on the Google Photos link Here!

In case any photo is selected, I would be more than happy to share the full-res version with the watermarks removed. I hope you all like the photos and feel free to download and use them as your own wallpapers!

Cheers!

3 Likes

@AcedExplorerABL I like the wall mural (they’re all very nice, but that one stands out as a nice screen background). Personally, would drop the need for a hummingbird-dominant background. Maybe have a subtle hummingbird transprent-watermark in the lower right quadrant, just to tie it into the Lubuntu theme.

I feel sorry for whomever has to choose. Lots of good ones in this thread.

1 Like

Actually, it would be really great with all these awesome wildlife photos to actually have a real hummingbird photo. I was trimming my wisteria (ugh) and one dropped in at the top of one of my two apple trees. Tried to snap it but it took off. They used to nest in the neighbor’s arbor vitae but they chopped them down recently :frowning:

2 Likes

Not talented with camera…but hey, participation is important right?! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for your submissions @AcedExplorerABL

1 Like

Thank you for your submissions @saivinob

2 Likes

2 Likes

Higher quality in UHD scale available. Edit: for backstory, this was derived from original photography from Northern Peru (Chaparri Reserve --definitely worth a visit). Catching good photos of active humming birds is hard especially with mediocre skills and cameras :smiley:

5 Likes

And why not a colorized version to keep with tradition?

2 Likes

As Light As A Flower
Full Sized Image 6020 x 4024 pixels

5 Likes

Thank you for your submission!

Thank you for your submissions!

2 Likes

Thank you to all entrants for your wonderful photos and creations.

You’ve given us viewers of this thread, some wonderful images that fill us with wonder, allow us to relax, escape, or just allow us to dream even if only for a few minutes. So, thank you.

Now for the hard work (your creations are that good!). The selection committee will select the finalists, after which Lubuntu Members will vote, and thus choose our wallpapers for our upcoming Lubuntu Focal Fossa 20.04 LTS release.

All entries are fantastic, and all entrants deserve our thanks, so thank you and well done.

8 Likes