Ethernet interface disappeared

Hello,
My ethernet interface as disappeared, maybe after an update.
Can you help me to reactive it?

thanks

I am going to assume that you’re using a supported version of Lubuntu - meaning you at least have LXQt and are no longer using a version with LXDE. If this is not the case, you should probably mention that.

Anyhow…

I have a couple of ideas, but did you accidentally remove “Status Notifier Plugin” widget from your panel?

Another idea is to reset it to default, which I haven’t tested to see if it’ll make the network indicator reappear. If you want to test that, just rename ~/.config/lxqt/panel.conf to ~/.config/lxqt/panel.conf.bak and then reboot. Any customization you’ve done to the panel will also be lost in the shuffle.

I’m not actually sure if that’ll work, but it shouldn’t break anything (other than your customizations). So, that might be a last-resort thing and someone’ll pop in with more suggestions probably.

Also, I just right clicked on the network icon and chose to quit. That removed it from the panel. I logged out and logged back in, and the network icon was back where it was before - as though I’d not quit at all.

Anyhow, an update shouldn’t do this. I’ve applied all the updates on all kinds of hardware and have never had the icon disappear. So, my thinking is that you’ve perhaps mis-clicked somewhere - something I am guilt of doing with some regularity.

Edited to fix a mistake. That’s the panel.conf you’d want to rename.

4 Likes

Have you tried just logging out, and logging in again?

Release details are really required for more specific advice, but unless you did something that caused it to be removed; I’d expect a logout/login to cause it to reappear.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.