Enable on screen touch keyboard?

i used to have an on screen touch keyboard available for bios password and then again when booted in. since installing lubuntu, its gone in both bootup and once logged in. i usually use a keyboard, but today for instance i forgot it, and i had no way to enter the decrypt password to start the boot process.

asus tablet t102ha-c4-gr transformer 10.1 inch 4gb intel quad core atom x5-z8350, intel hd integrated gfx

No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 21.04
Release: 21.04
Codename: hirsute

Given Lubuntu 21.04 is now in it’s last week of support, I’d release-upgrade asap or if it’s a new install (you mention installing but gave no timeline though your wording implies to me it’s a recent install) I’d re-install a release that has will still be supported next Friday (21 January 2022).

I’m also unclear to me what you’re comparing it to, was it an older Lubuntu? (in which case what release, when was the upgrade; how achieved as I wonder if there are clues there?) or another OS. Also is the on-screen keyboard you’re asking about at sddm or the greeter/DM or something else?

You do mention BIOS password; but that’s under firmware control and thus before the OS has started; thus Lubuntu plays no part; sorry I’m confused by what you’re asking.

No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 21.10
Release: 21.10
Codename: impish

no change after update.

it was originally windows 10, but i have had a few os’s on there since, testing various linux’s. ubuntu worked great but was very slow. kali worked great but had to many things on it that for obviouslt reasons dont make it a general purpose os. pureos was buggy for me but i didnt get as far in testing as with this lubuntu.

as far as the on screen keyboard, there is none anymore at any stage.

if i touch the screen with the keyboard disconected, not touch keyboard come up at any stage… bios trigger, encyption unlock, lubuntu log in, nor after logged in. it just no longer exists.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.