Does Lubuntu works also on touchscreens and convertibles?

I tried to run a live-version of Lubuntu 21.04 in a shop on a convertible Acer Spin 3. I could see the desktop of Lubuntu, the mouse-symbol was in the center of the display, but no move of the mouse was possible nor typing keys on the keyboard. Maybe Lubuntu didn’t work because the convertible was an exhibit.

So, my question: Does Lubuntu works also on touchscreens and convertibles?

1 Like

I use a

sony vaio svp112a1cw (i5-9400u, 4gb, intel haswell-ULT)

in QA-testing Lubuntu, and use it’s touchscreen, even use the menu & start programs using the touchscreen (though with my fat fingers I have to be rather precise on the small screen).

I have limited experience with convertibles, though I also use a

motion computing j3400 (c2d-u9400, 4gb, intel mobile 4 series)

in QA-testing which is an old tablet PC where it works too (it’s not a touch screen except via wacom pen the device has; the pen doesn’t need to actually touch the screen for it to work but be within a few cm of it).

Later addition:

Also note for the tablet PC; to use it as a tablet you want to rely on the virtual keyboard when you disconnect the keyboard/stand… This required me to add some packages for most releases to get it perfectly usable; which also required me to use the keyboard in some circumstances until it was setup (eg. to enter key if it was done using wifi) so don’t expect it to be perfect out of the box. Once packages were added, keyboard was no longer necessary for anything in my testing (though it was still much faster with keyboard for me).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.