CONTEXT OF BUG:
- 20.04 beta iso downloaded on on April 9th 2020
- things changed from default:
- in Session Settings, enabled and started Compton
- in Window Effects, switched to GLX
- Opacity of title bars, menus and inactive windows in Windows Effects set to 1.00
- new software installed: Veracrypt using generic installer from veracrypt.fr (I don’t know if this is relevant or not, I don’t know how Linux works tbh, and if the ‘packages’ interact with the OS
- in Power Management, closing lid set to Suspend on AC and Shutdown on Battery
- shutting down from the ‘start menu’ doesn’t shut down, it just logs me out and takes me to the login screen. happens on both AC and battery.
- on the login screen, what looks like a shutdown/off button also does nothing. Also the other two buttons next to it do nothing too.
- I could find literally no way to shut down so I had to resort to a hard shutdown
Again, sorry if this isn’t the right way to report bugs but whatever. Maybe someone could just take this report and file it the right way. I don’t see any point in filing some technical report because I’m not techie at all, just a normie trying to escape from Windows 10 and who hates an unmoveable top bar (Ubuntu, Mac).